ThruWave's mission is to make the invisible visible, with human-safe millimeter waves. Our customers include world leaders in the ecommerce and retail supply chain. ThruWave’s high throughput millimeter wave sensors are easy to deploy on existing conveyor and automated material handling lines. Our sensors provide 3D item-level visibility, looking through opaque packaging materials to see the items inside. ThruWave’s 3D vision software automatically analyzes these images to extract key process variables, such as item count, cube utilization, dimension, and detection of missing or damaged items. ThruWave's solutions address massive pain points for our key customers.
We are currently seeking a System Test Engineering/QA Lead to add to the ThruWave team. The successful candidate will build the Test Engineering practice for the company. In addition, we are looking for some experience with DevOps/System Administration to cover that role in the short term. You will work closely with the Chief Software Architect and eventually lead the growth of our Test Engineering org.
• Professional work experience in team building and project organization
• Linux fundamentals and scripting
• Experience using version control tools and services such as Git, GitHub and Gitlab
• Experience using agile project management tools such as Jira
• Experience working together with distributed teams to facilitate the orderly execution of a proposed project plan
• Professional experience and a high-level understanding of working with various operating systems and their implications
• Demonstrated project development and leadership skills
• Strong communication skills, enthusiasm, a propensity for writing documentation, and teamwork ability. This is not an independent engineering role – collaboration and communication are core aspects of the position.
• Highly detail-oriented, with initiative and drive to pursue tasks independently, including core skills such as time-management / multi-project juggling capability / troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities / flexibility and patience to stay positive when things don’t go as planned.
• Hands-on expertise in configuration management and deployment tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Chef or Puppet
• Experience with cloud computing platforms like AWS and Azure
• Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) platforms such as Jenkins, Travis CI or GitHub Actions
• Familiarity with container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
• Knowledge of XML, HTML, CSS, and other web client technologies
• Work with engineers and product development teams to create, implement, and improve test plans
• Develop automated tests for both front-end and back-end applications
• Design, implement, and own load and performance tests
• Drive best practice adoption in testing and maintainability
• Design and execute verification and regression tests for software releases
• Assure the integrity of test operations, including establishment and maintenance of traceable test documentation, systems and procedures
Education & Experience
BSc/MSc in Computer Science or qualifications in a related technical discipline, with five
or more years of progressive software development experience, or equivalent
combination of experience and education.
ThruWave is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.